Friday, October 17, 2008

This time, the story is about me

My name is Tan Zhenyun and I’m currently pursuing my studies in NUS, majoring in Life Science. I have opted to concentrate in Biomedical Science due to my immense interest in the discovery of the human body. This field has equipped me with both the analytical and logical skills which, I believe, will prepare me well for future challenges. My belief lies in the ability of Science to provide solutions to all the problems and mysteries on Earth.

Sport has always been part of my life. I was in the school’s team by the age of 13, the National Under-17 squad by the age of 16 and made it into the team which plays in the most prestigious league in Singapore by the age of 19. These experiences have shaped me into a different individual, one who has exceptional perseverance and discipline. Self motivation and a high level of energy are my assets and I am definitely a team player who is able to work well under pressure both individually as well as with others to achieve a common goal.


//Editted

My name is Tan Zhenyun and I’m currently pursuing my studies in NUS, majoring in Life Science. I have opted to concentrate in Biomedical Science due to my immerse interest in the discovery of the human body. This field has equipped me with both the analytical and logical skill which will prepare me well for future challenges. Apart from excelling academically, I had some achievements in the sports arena (Netball) as well. I was in the school’s team, by the age of 13, the National Under-17 squad by the age of 16 and made it into the team which plays in the most prestigious league in Singapore by the age of 19. These experiences have shaped me into a different individual, one who has exceptional perseverance and discipline. Self motivation and a high level of energy are my assets and I am definitely a team player who is able to work well under pressure both individually as well as with others to achieve a common goal.

8 comments:

Danny Wong said...

Hey Zhenyun,

What a well-rounded individual you are. I believe that your educational background and the values that you have cultivated through ur CCA will prepare you well for the working world.

Did you mention the type of sports you participated in?

Cheers,
Danny.

Sharon said...

Zhenyun is a netball player. Read this in her second post.

Please allow me to differ: As I learn more in Science, I believe that Science does not provide solutions to all the problems in the world.

A scientific approach might help in some circumstances, but often the human touch is valuable, particularly in interpersonal problems.

Sometimes, Science even presents new problems, such as ethical dilemmas, which cannot be solved by working within Science itself.

Science is a exploratory discipline. Both the problems and the solutions come from the people who are doing Science.

Just my humble reflections on my field of study.

tom said...

Zy, just a suggestion about your biodata. You might want to link both paragraphs together, because it seems disjointed to me.

Tan Zhenyun said...

Thanks Thomas,

I realised it too. But I'm having problem in linking the two sections tho.

Any suggestions?

YILIN said...

RE: Flow/Linkage

Perhaps the very cliche 'all work but no play makes Zhenyun a dull girl?' or something along that line?

Tan Zhenyun said...

Hi Danny,

I understand what you are driving at.

People who read about my biodata will be clueless about the sports that I'm playing too.

Thanks for the reminder. I will re-write my biodata after collating all the comments.

Weili said...

Hmm the phrase "a different individual" seems a bit out of place. You might just want to say "a exceptionally disciplined individual that does not easily give up"

Brad Blackstone said...

Thanks, Zhenyun, for the clear, concise and informative bio. All you're missing is, as Danny mentioned, the name of the sport (volleyball, right?) and a transition between the section that discusses your interest in science and the one that focuses on your sports passion.